How to identify insect bites and most appropriate treatments.

     Insect bites are common, especially during the spring and summer. Although most of these bites produced a reddened lesion with itching, sometimes leading to serious problems or allergic reactions due to insect venoms.

      In most areas of the world have common insects that are biting are such as bees, wasps, hornets, mosquitoes, fleas, bedbugs and ticks. For spiders and ants it is different because it does not sting, bite.

      The bees leave the sting by biting visible, attached to the skin to be removed immediately, without breaking out. The bee that stung then dies.

      Wasps can sting again and again, do not let the sting.
In addition, the bite of the yellow wasp releases a substance that attracts other wasps nearby. One way to differentiate the bee and wasp sting is, you stinger if the sting is visible and has no sting, is bee; if you are not, chances are it wasp.

     Mosquitoes bite in the unprotected areas of skin that has no clothes: arms, legs, head and neck. Preferably at dawn or dusk and at night. There are some species such as the tiger mosquito that bites during the day and goes beyond clothes with its sting.

insectsbite

Insect bites or stings made that affect our skin, it is advisable before applying any analgesic cream, make cleaning and disinfection.

     Fleas and bedbugs bite in areas covered with clothing and with repeated stings because are introduced under clothing.

     Ticks bite dogs and the skin where they can remain undetected long stick.

    Spider bite, leaving a point in the center of the lesion. Usually small spiders. In tropical areas are large poisonous spiders, these are really dangerous for the poison they contain.

     Ants and spiders bite, leaving a small lesion which in turn is very painful. Normally usually red ants.

     Most of these insect bites cause only mild local problems consideration, consisting of swelling, pain, redness and itching in the area of ​​the bite.

   Some people, very few, are very allergic to some insect bites, especially wasp and bee. Have a severe reaction after the sting consisting difficulty speaking and breathing, swelling of the lips and face, weakness, dizziness and sometimes hives, which is recognized by the appearance of red spots, hives or skin soaps, very itchy. This picture is called anaphylaxis and is so severe that it can even kill him.

beebite

Bees and wasps are insects that produce more allergic reactions, the type of poison contained in the inner bag.

What is the treatment for insect bites?

    It is important to proper treatment to alleviate the itching and swelling, you should first see if the stinger remains in the skin if wasp sting. In this case it must be removed without breaking, with a clamp or with a sterile needle, sting moving sideways. After washing the wound, and if possible, disinfected with an antiseptic. When prevent swelling is more convenient good disinfection.

    Pain applies ice covered with a clean cloth or pads or cold packs for both bites wasps, bees, mosquitoes, spider or other insect. You can also apply on the bite a homemade mixture made of 50 percent water and ammonia or lotion in spray form, or antiseptic ointment sticks containing ammonia and local analgesics and avoid pain.

skinbite

The soaps are usually swelling around the site of the bite of a diameter less than 10 cm.

    The tick must be removed from the skin, holding it with tweezers or fingernails always protected with a tissue. The tick, which must be caught as close to the skin, will move to one side to the other, slowly, not violently, until it comes off. It is desirable that a drop of oil is applied, this makes it loose before. When pulled out abruptly breaks and head are attached to the skin. Do not crush or pull the tick down, it is more convenient to put it in the toilet and let the water drag. Then wash your hands with soap and water and apply cold compresses or cloths on the sting, this will reduce pain and inflammation. Sometimes the bite becomes infected, because they have scratched, so it is better not to touch the wound to prevent swelling and redness lasted more than 24 hours.