Flies are pests that have plagued man for thousands of years. Some suck blood and other feed on carrion.
The latter are the most worldwide spread commonly called garbage flies or domestic, they have evolved to live in association with humans.
They are usually found around and within the structures of the houses, factories, etc.
Flies can be:
- a) irritated by his constant presence,
- b) efficient mechanical vectors of disease.
Pathogenic organisms are collected by flies in the garbage, drainage and other sources of dirt and then transferred into its mouthparts and other body parts through their vomit or their feces to food animals and humans.
Although they are attracted by a wide variety of food materials, house flies have mouthparts allowing them to drink liquids materials only. Based materials from solid food regurgitated are liquefied by saliva. The food is swallowed through its mouth organ and passes the digestive tract.
They tend to be found mainly in: floors, walls, and on the inside of the roofs, power lines and plants.
Usually the places to rest at night are near food sources and are at a distance of 2-3 meters from the ground.
Among the most dangerous bodies of which have been found in flying insects they include:
- Klebsiella. These bacteria are often the cause of many respiratory diseases and urinary system. They have been found both on the outer cuticle of flies and their digestive system.
- Campylobacter.Se has found that these bacteria are the causative agents of many gastroenteritis.
- Streptococci. They are often in intestinal infections and skin, you they are also carried by flying insects.
- Chlamydia. They are parasites that can cause various disorders in humans and there is more and more evidence that the flies can transmit.
There are also many fungi such as Candida sp, Mucor sp, Aspergillus sp, etc .. that cause diseases, and research shows that the flies can carry all of them.
Food poisoning can occur from small doses of bacteria. In these cases the disease usually has been spread by flying insects, a fact that is rarely understood or appreciated.
Source: Desma, SA and Bayer CropScience, Bayer CropScience division.